Friday, January 27, 2012

How to care for fresh cut roses?

I received roses for valentines day. I am wondering if there are any tips to follow for making them last longer than 2 days. Everytime I receive flowers, they never last more than 2-3 days no matter the type of flower. I change the water, I trim the stems, I place them in sunlight, I mix the food in the water, and they still die so soon. what can I do? Thanks.

How to care for fresh cut roses?
unfortunately, you are doing all you can. Keep them in the fridge, or buy better flowers. The cheap ones are already old when purchased...
Reply:They start to die as soon as they are cut. You can't resorrect the dead. Don't bother with the plant food. Cut flowers purchased from supermarkets tend to go bad sooner. The gasses given off by produce hasten the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment