Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best plants to grow (other then mint) for herbal tea? And how should I prepare them?

Best plants to grow for herbal tea other then mint? I have mint already but I am looking at what else I can grow and cultivate for culinary purposes. I saw chamomile yesterday but I am not a big fan of chamomile. I have several types of lavender and lemon balm growing.

Also with the different leaves, flowers etc, which is the best way to prepare them? (ie: dried leaves, fresh flowers, crushed to powder etc)

I live in England and can plant outside and I also have southern and eastern facing windowsills.

I am a coffee drinker but with summer approaching I was thinking iced teas would be nice and when it turns cool I can make hot teas with my summer crop. Thank you!

Best plants to grow (other then mint) for herbal tea? And how should I prepare them?
This company has a very comprehensive site and their catalogue has good listing of what is grown for which purpose. They specialize in herbs and I've been dealing with them for over 40 yrs.



http://www.richters.com



The Muse

buy web hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment