Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How Do I Breed My Caladium Flower?

i have a new fresh caladium plant. i got it from a store. it looks like an adult plant. so i found out on some websites about spathe and all that, but what i really want to know is cant i just get some seeds from the plant. i want to grow another one of tis plant by myself from a seed. i wont shop for it in a store because i want to have an accomplishment. so how can i grow it. i cant find any seeds on it and it has a spathe and spadix on it. some people say that i should pollinate it but i dont know how to do that. so what i really need to know is can i get seeds from my caladium plant or do i have to do some specail process. please tell me what and how to breed my caladium plant

How Do I Breed My Caladium Flower?
Caladiums grow from a tuber, or a bulb. Just wait. In the Fall, when you dig it up, you will have new "bulblets" along with the original one.
Reply:Here's a site on caladium PROPAGATION.



http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/prop...



The Muse


No comments:

Post a Comment